- Tomatoes – 3-4
- Coconut powder – 1 cup
- Sugar (as per your taste)
- Ghee / butter – 1 tbsp (if needed you can add )
- Green Cardamom powder
- Khoya / Mawa (optional)
- Muskmelon seeds – 1 tbsp.
For garnishing –
- Blanched Pistachio (Pista)
- Blanched almonds
- Silver warq (optional)
- Heat a pan, add ghee on a medium heat.
- Cut tomato into small pieces into the mixer jar & make a fine paste.
- Add tomato paste and cardamom powder into a pan.
- Add coconut powder and mix well.
- Add sugar and muskmelon seeds ,mix well.
- Cover and cook on a low to medium heat.
- Keep stirring for 3-4 minutes so it doesn’t burn..
- Cook until all the water is absorbed and begins to smell good.
- Add dry fruits and mix well.
- Once mixture is ready, turn off the heat.
- Apply ghee / butter on the plate.
- If you like you can use aluminum foil
- Pour the mixture and then spread it evenly.
- Press it gently with a spoon.
- Sprinkle some pista and almonds.
- Let it cool down for sometime, so it can settle down.
- Once tomato barfi settled, cut it into pieces as per shape of your choice.
- Tomato ka barfi (Halwa) is ready to serve…
Please follow and like us: